I am a no-bake kind of person. Patience is not my strong suit. I love putting a dish together and then being able to chow down on it shortly thereafter. This is especially true for desserts – life is too short to wait! So, imagine my delight when I discovered these no-bake chocolate cookies at the website, Vegan Heaven. They are a breeze to make, there is no added sugar, and rolled oats are one of the main ingredients – how healthy is that? Did I mention there are only four ingredients (three if you don’t count the splash of non-dairy milk). Anyway, they can’t be anything but delicious with ingredients like chocolate, peanut butter and oats.
Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
- 1 cup dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon almond milk or other plant-based milk (optional but recommended)
- First, melt the chocolate (either use a microwave or melt it on the stovetop).
- Once it’s melted, stir in the oats and the peanut butter and add a splash of the plant-based milk if using. Stir until well combined.
- Put some parchment paper on a plate and evenly divide the no bake cookie batter. Form about six cookies and place them in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours, so they got enough time to harden up. (Jean’s Note: I made the cookies about an inch in diameter, that way the batch made about 24 cookies. The cookies are rich. The smaller size is a better size, in my opinion.)