Summertime dessert perfection! Creamy rich avocado, refreshing mint taste, and tiny islands of chocolate chips. Best of all – it’s super easy to make, you just have to allow a few hours for it to freeze.
I discovered this recipe at: eatingbirdfood.com, and I had been wanting to make it for the longest time. The May monthly potluck presented the perfect opportunity. It proved very popular. It’s a winner!
You can find the original recipe here.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze almondmilk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, agave or other liquid sweetener (Jean’s Note: I added one or two tablespoons more of maple syrup. Adjust to taste.)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil (Jean’s Note: I omitted. We never missed it!)
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips (Jean’s Note: I used at least 1/3 cup and maybe a little bit more. I do love chocolate!)
- Add all ingredients except for the chocolate chips into a high powered blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pour into a freezer-safe container. I used a loaf pan lined with parchment.
- Place container in the freezer to set. It should take about 4-5 hours. Once frozen, pull ice cream from the freezer, let sit out on the counter for 5-10 minutes to soften. Use an ice cream scoop to serve and enjoy!